search engine

Join 4Shared Now!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Mr. Fox and Mr. Hare (story)

Mr. Fox and Mr. Hare

One day, Mr. Fox comes to Mr. Hare's house and says, "Come with me quickly, Mrs. Goose has eggs: Come and see them.

Mr. Hare says, "No, I won't go, I'll sit here."

"You are lazy," Mr. Fox says.

"Yes, I'm lazy," Mr. Hare says.

Mr. Fox says, "Could you sit on my back and ride?"

Mr. Hare is happy: "I will ride on your back.

" Mr. Hare rides on Mr. Fox's back, and Mr. Fox goes down the lane. Mrs. Goose is coming up the lane. Mr. Hare sees Mrs. Goose and says, "Look, Mr. Fox is my donkey. I'm riding on his back."

Mr. Fox quarrels with Mr. Hare. "I'm not your donkey." Mr. Hare says, "Don't quarrel with me. You are my donkey. Look, I am riding on your back."

Then Mr. Fox jumps and throws Mr. Hare from his back, and Mr. Hare falls on the ground.

Mr. Hare goes quickly and hides himself in a hole in a tree. It is not a big hole. Mr. Fox comes to the hole and sees Mr. Hare in the hole.

Mr. Fox says, "I'll catch you, Mr. Hare."

"Come in and catch me," says Mr. Hare.

Mr. Fox can't go into the hole. Mr. Fox is big, and the hole is small.

Mr. Fox says, "I'll go to my house and get an axe. Then I'll come and make the hole bigger with the axe."

Mr. Fox says to Mrs. Goose, "Mr. Hare is in ~ this hole. You sit here. Don't let Mr. Hare come out. I'll go to my house and get an axe."

Mrs. Goose sits near the hole. Mr. Fox goes to his house.

Then Mr. Hare says, "Mrs. Goose! Mrs. Goose!"

"What is it?" says Mr. Goose.

Mr. Hare says, "There is a little hole at the back of the tree, and there is a little bread in it. I can see the bit of bread, but I can't get it. Come to the back of the tree and see."

Then Mrs. Goose goes to the back of the tree to get the bit of bread, and Mr. Hare comes quickly out of the hole in the front of the tree and goes home.

Mr. Fox comes back from his house. He has an axe in his hand. He asks Mrs. Goose, "Is Mr. Hare in the hole?"

Mrs. Goose says, "Yes, he is in the hole. Look, I'm sitting here, near the hole."

Then Mr. Fox makes the hole bigger with his axe. But he doesn't see Mr. Hare in the hole. Mr. Fox shouts, "Mr. Hare isn't in the hole! Why isn't he in the hole? Why?"

Mrs. Goose says, "He is in the hole.

" Mr. Fox says, "He is not."

"He is in."

"He is not in!"

Then Mr. Fox and Mrs. Goose begin to quarrel.

Mr. Hare sits in his house on the hill. He sees them quarrelling.

download document here :

No comments:

Post a Comment